The Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia is dedicated to meeting the needs of the more than 150,000 Georgians with a seizure disorder and their families. With the help from our supporters EFGA was able to accomplish the following during the 2012-2013 fiscal year:
• Provided 70 educational in-services, reaching 6,156 people in 80 counties.
• Information and referrals were provided to 2,466 people.
• 162 school nurses were certified in the Managing Your Student w/Seizures continuing education program.
• 3 separate camp sessions were held, with 78 scholarship participants.
• Emergency medication assistance for 102 persons was provided at a cost of $28,163.49.
• The StudioE Art Therapy Program was again a very popular grant program, reaching 10 participants and produced an official gallery opening at Mason Murer Fine Art.
• National Epilepsy Awareness Month expanded greatly to include a symposium, a flash mob at an Atlanta Hawks game, billboards around the metro area, special awareness socail events and daily social media updates.
• Operation Epilepsy Outreach reached veterans with TBI-induced epilepsy.
Without the help of generous supporters like you, EFGA would never be able to provide these programs and services to all Georgians living with epilepsy. Please help EFGA continue to be able to provide these programs and services. Donate today!