The Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia is dedicated to meeting the needs of the 150,000 Georgians with a seizure disorder and their families. With the help from our supporters EFGA was able to accomplish the following during the 2011-2012 fiscal year:
- Educational in-services, reaching 6,170 people in 69 counties.
- Provided information and referrals to 3,800 people.
- Held 3 separate camp sessions, with 67 scholarship participants.
- Provided emergency medication assistance for 104 patients, totaling $26,844.12 in assistance.
- The StudioE Art Therapy program was added to our program offerings, reaching 9 patients.
- National Epilepsy Awareness Month expanded greatly to include a symposium, a TV infomercial, a NPR radio program and daily social media updates to help increase awareness throughout the state of Georgia.
- Epilepsy 101 was introduced as an educational offering at colleges.
- Operation Epilepsy Outreach was launched to reach veterans with TBI-induced epilepsy.
Without the help of generous supporters like you, EFGA would never be able to provide these programs and services to all Georgians living with epilepsy. Please help EFGA continue to be able to provide these programs and services. Donate today!